Each year the Great Lakes Children’s Museum welcomes students from all over the Grand Traverse Region and beyond. We work with teachers and educational staff to create an enhanced formal learning experience by cultivating creative expression and developing observation skills at a fee that can work with almost any budget. We offer flexible scheduling with a wide range of group hours. If you can’t come to us, our education staff can come to you with outreach programming.
- Reservations are required two weeks in advance.
- A special rate is available for school study trips and other groups of 8 or more.
- Teachers and chaperones are admitted free. We recommend one adult for every six children.
- We recommend spending about an hour and a half in the Museum, or longer if you include a special program.
- Eating space may be reserved for your group at no additional charge.
- If more than 50% of the children at your school are on the free and reduced lunch program, the Great Lakes Children’s Museum has funds available to assist you with the program fees. When you register, ask about existing financial assistance.
- +PLUS (Providing Learning to the Under Served) financial assistance is available, thanks to the donations of private individuals and businesses in our community. +PLUS funds can be used for Museum visits or to bring Stuffee to your school. Contact the Museum to see if your school is eligible.
- Group Visits and Study Trips are available Tuesday through Thursday from 9:30 am to 3 pm.
- Visits can be scheduled outside the regular times, by special arrangement.
- No group visits or study visits are scheduled on Friday mornings, since that time is reserved for Toddler Time, our special drop-in programs for toddlers.
How to Register for a Group Visit or Study Trip:
Call our Museum Educator at 231-932-4526 at least two weeks before your visit.
Please have this information ready:
- Mailing Address
- Number of Chaperones
- Date(s) of Visit
- Number and ages of students
- Any special requirements
Payment is accepted by cash, check, credit card, or purchase order.
Self-Guided Group Visit
Play to learn at your group’s own pace. Reservations are required one week in advance. $3.50/person for groups of 8 or more
$3.50/person plus $50 presentation fee (includes materials). Call for details.
For detailed descriptions of our regular programs click here