Brainstorm Challenge – November 5, from 11 am to 3 pm.
Whenever the Traverse City Area Public Schools have a scheduled Monday day off, we are open. On Monday November 5, TCAPS is closed for a teacher development day, and we will be offering some very special programming for older kids.
Explore the science of sound! Through exciting hands-on activities, kids will actually see and feel (as well as hear) the wonderful world of sound. Join us on Monday, November 5 for lots of fun and interesting activities.
- See what different sounds look like in an Oscilloscope
- Make a kazoo to take home
- See how sound waves move water
- Play with a sound box
- Send vibrations across the room along a string
- Make music at a sound exploration table.
- And more . . .
Even though many of these activities are for older children, most are still suitable for your preschooler, who will have lots fun exploring and learning about sound! Join us for a very special day of discovery.