- New Year’s Eve Countdown to Noon – For kids who can’t wait till midnight to celebrate the New Year! Make party hats, noisemakers, and time capsules, and count down 11:59 am to watch the ball drop!
- Cherry Town Fun Night during Cherry Festival – Join us in F&M Park for Cherry Town Fun Night. We’ll be making stomp rockets and other special crafts.
- Kids Fest during Film Festival – Join us on the lawn of Central Grade School on 7th Street for a special event during Kids Fest, part of the Traverse City Film Festival.
- Children’s Art Fair during Friday Night Live – Local artists ages 6 – 12 can register for a space in the Great Lakes Children’s Museum’s 7th Annual Children’s Art Fair during Friday Night Live, in the summer on Front Street in downtown Traverse City. This event helps young artists to have fun, express their creativity, learn business skills, and make money!
- Kids Safety Day – This free, family-friendly event, held in the parking lot at the GreatLakes Children’s Museum, helps children and families learn to protect themselves from preventable accidents and injury. Children are fascinated by safety vehicles, such as fire trucks and ambulances, and Kids Safety Day utilizes this natural interest to help them learn about their own safety while exploring the real thing and participating in demonstrations about bike helmets, life jackets, electricity, and more. Children who are exposed to first responders in a fun and festive environment might be less frightened if they have the misfortune to encounter them in an emergency situation.
- Kids’ Free Fishing Day – This free, family-friendly event at the NMC Great Lakes Campus offers kids the opportunity to catch fish in a stocked area with rods and reels provided. No fishing license is needed! The Great Lakes Children’s Museum facilitates a special, free, fish-printing art activity, and there’s free food, a raffle, and a Coast Guard rescue demonstration.
Great Lakes Children’s Museum Seeking Candidates for New Executive Director
Traverse City, MI – The Great Lakes Children’s Museum announced today they have begun their search for highly qualified candidates to fill the role of Executive Director for the museum. The Great Lakes Children’s Museum is a non-profit museum dedicated … Continue reading →
Sign up for our Email NewsletterFor Email Marketing you can trust
View Our Email Archive
Search Our Site
Support the Museum