By volunteering at the Great Lakes Children’s Museum, you can support hands-on, interactive learning in our community, and keep your own inner child alive and well!
It’s also a fun way for students to meet their schools’ community service requirements.
Here are just a few opportunities for volunteers:
Help with School Year Programs
- InterActive StoryTime – Wednesdays, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Toddler Time – Fridays, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
- School Group Visits – Days and times vary
- Brain Storm Challenge Days
- Funday Sunday programs
- Nano Days (during spring break)
- Holiday programs (crafts and special activities around Thanksgiving and the school winter break)
- Member Nights (themed activities 3 times a year)
- Outreach programs (like Cherry Town Fun Night, or Kids’ Fest during the Film Festival)
Help Behind the Scenes
- construction projects
- technology assistance
- more — call the Museum to learn of more opportunities!
Help with Summer Programs
- InterActive StoryTime
- Toddler Time
For a volunteer application, contact our Volunteer Coordinator at the Museum.