Send cover letter / resume to 13240 S West Bay Shore Drive, Traverse City MI 49684 or firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up application at 13240 S West Bay Shore Dr. No calls. Equal opportunity employer.
This position involves greeting Visitors and taking admissions, providing Visitors with information about Museum activities and memberships, handling Museum Store sales and ensuring Visitors have a good first impression of the museum. Also responsible for ensuring Museum is safe, orderly, and clean for Visitors. Work in such a way that you show that you enjoy children.
The Great Lakes Children’s Museum is a collegial and fun place to work. You must be welcoming, cheerful and detail-oriented and have a customer-focused attitude dealing with Visitors and staff. You must also be able to work as a team member, share ideas for quality improvement, and possess good communication skills. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions. Use your best judgment and good decision-making skills. Draw on your composure, skill, and confidence at all times to assist Visitors, even during uncomfortable situations.
These are only the basic outline of your responsibilities. Day-to-day may include many other activities as required.
- Opening / closing POS system
- Cleaning / organizing
- Replacing sold merchandise
- Sand table
- Cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, exhibits)
- Assist in opening and closing
- Light to moderate maintenance
- Assisting birthday family with set up and clean up
- Assisting with special birthday activities
Candidates must be able to:
- See clearly (with corrective lenses) and accurately operate a touch screen POS system.
- Hear and speak clearly, including telephone phone communications.
- Stand for 2-3 hours at a time, while operating POS system and visitor services desk.
- Climb step stool on a regular basis to stock, organize, and clean retail shelves.
- Carry and climb an 8-foot step ladder on an occasional basis.
- Bend over to ground level repeatedly during a work shift to pick up and replace various hands-on components.
- Lift packages, buckets, or bags up to 30 pounds.