Community Fundraising Support
Each year, the Great Lakes Children’s Museum provides more than $2,400 to community organizations in passes and merchandise.
In order for a request to be considered, the requesting organization must:
- Be registered with and recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)3 organization in good standing
- Be registered with the Michigan State Attorney General’s office as a charitable solicitor
- Be physically located within 1.5 hours of the museum
- Be aligned with our Equal Opportunity Statement
- Be focused on impacting the residents within Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska and Leelanau counties.
All requests are evaluated on a case by case basis with preference given to schools, churches and non-profit organizations meeting those conditions.
We can provide merchandise from the Power of Play store for charity auctions or fundraising events to organizations meeting those qualifications.
All requests must be in writing. You can either send a letter, with:
- the name of the organization
- your address,
- your nonprofit classification (and EIN),
- your request and
- date of the event
Michael Long, 13240 S West Bay Shore Drive, Traverse City 49684
OR click here to contact us through the web site (be sure to include the information from the bullet points above in your electronic request).